Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bleck.

Yesterday the UPS man stopped at my house. I hadn't ordered anything, and when I saw him carrying a "pizza box", my only thought was that someone had sent me some 12x12 paper or something. Until I saw the return address. The layout that I sent in to be published (had been requested after I sent an e-version for review) was returned to me, with a note saying that although they appreciated my work, they had decided not to use the layout. Now I knew that there was always a chance it wouldn't be used, but this just stinks. It would have been my first publication. Apparently a LOT of people are getting their layout shipped back to them this week, an unusually large number it seems. We are banding together to see if we are going to get any sort of compensation for submitting our layouts. Many people paid a lot of money for postage to get it shipped. I managed to only have to pay regular priority, so I'm not out a lot of money, but it's very annoying.

So here's the layout, I can post it now. It's one of my favorites, and I didn't make it for the call, it just happened to fit for Easter.

1 comment:

Maryfrances Fabbri said...

Well, I for one love your LO. It is worthy of publication anywhere. Sorry this happened. HUGS!