Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Handel Challenge

I've decided what I want to do for Nikki's challenge . I have the unique opportunity to create and organize my own craft/scrap/office area. We are finishing our attic into a beautiful living space, and I will have a lot of room. I will spend 25 days planning what I will do with this space, selecting items for storage and decoration, and have a complete picture in mind when the room is ready, so as I move my items up there, they will go right into their proper places. I am not a very good planner, so this will be a great exercise for me, and in the end I will have a great space to do my creating, both crafty creating and engineering creating. I'll start my challenge on April 1, which is this Saturday.

Construction wise, we have abou 1/3 of the flooring installed. Once that is done, the trim can go up, and I think we will be complete enough to start moving things up there. I can't wait to put all our stuff back in the storage area up there. The contents of our attic have been in our bedroom and office for the last 8 months or so. The construction is slow going because we're doing all the work ourselves, but we're saving a ton of money and the space is GORGEOUS!

No comments: