Monday, February 27, 2006

Working hard or hardly working?

Today is my first day of gainful self employment. Although technically it was yesterday, because I did 2.5 hours of work to finish up a presentation draft. Such is the life of the independent contractor.

I'm in the process of setting up my own company. I am using a third party company to facilitate the setup process, and my paperwork is being processed by the state right now. Within the next week or so, I should be an official business owner!

I need to start referring to my ex-boss and company as my "client". It's weird, since I was an employee there for ten years. They are letting me keep my laptop for the time being (i.e. indefinitely borrow), since it has all of my files, etc. That is nice, one business expense I can put off until a later date. I am going to pick up a copy of QuickBooks to keep track of everything, print invoices, quotes, etc.

No comments: