Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A little pain in a little spot

This is one of the reasons I am happy not to be working full time any more.

Today I had to go into a client meeting. I had to bring the kids to my mom's house. I forgot to bring the swing so that the baby would have some place to sit and watch the kids. I forgot to bring a baby bottle for the milk. Luckily my mom had some ones left over from my nephew. I find out that the client meeting is starting two hours earlier than I expected (luckily I had gone in early because I wanted to work on another project). We had a meeting with our client for several hours, then I sit around waiting for people to give me parts of the proposal I'm working on. I then drive back to my mom's, pick up the kids, and drive home. If I had to do that every day, I'd go insane.

I now have a pain in my back, above my left shoulderblade. I almost forgot about it, I used to get it all the time. I hadn't had it once since I was home on maternity leave. As my stress worsens, the pain extends upward. If it gets bad, it goes into my neck. If it gets to my head, things are really bad, and I need to disengage from whatever I'm doing. So, it's just in my shoulder blade, which is good. It's bad because it hurts, but it's good because it's not expanding. I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so I'll just relax and hang out with my boys.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Maybe someday soon...the pain won't be there at all! - Nikki