Thursday, February 02, 2006

2006 - The Year of the Change

I've made an agreement with myself to make some changes in my life this year. Most of the changes have to do with having "too much" in my life, usually bad things, like stress and clutter. The biggest change for this year is that I am leaving my job as a mechanical engineer to be a stay-at-home mom. I am hoping to continue doing some consulting work for my company on a limited basis to retain some income and keep my skills up, but the most important thing for me is to be home raising my kids.

I was spending up to 3 hours a day in my car. I realized that I was spending more time in the car with my son than I was spending time at home with him during the week. With the birth of my second boy, I knew things had to change, or I would be horribly stressed out just trying to get out of the house in the morning, never mind trying to get a full day of work in.

Here's a short list of the changes that I intend to work on this year:

Spend more time raising my children
Reduce work stress in my life
Pare down the clutter in my life
Be more creative

This blog is where I'll document my experiences, progress and results.

No comments: