Thursday, July 23, 2009

Webcomics

I'm a fan of several webcomics. If you're not familiar with the term, webcomics are comic strips that are only available online, as opposed to those that are printed in the newspaper. There are tons and tons of them out there. Here's what I read:

PvP - the adventures of the staff of Player vs. Player Magazine. Appeals to geeky gamers. This is probably the oldest/most well established of the comics I read. I have one of the books and a Skull plushie.
Girls with Slingshots - the adventures of a couple of gals and their friends.
Octopus Pie - another set of adventures of a couple of gals and their friends, but in NYC
XKCD - hardcore math/science/computer humor. Sometimes I have to look things up after reading, but so totally worth it.
Questionable Content - a new find, I spent most of Tuesday reading the archives. Fun story of some messed up 20-somethings in a western MA college town.

So to summarize my webcomics taste, I like stories about geeky people who have better social lives than I do. /cry

No comments: