Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Professional versus Amateur

I heard a commercial the other day....it was football related, I don't remember what the product was, but I remember the quote:

"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

It really got me thinking about a lot of things in my life, dedication and determination. If I really and truly want to be successful at something, I need to give the kind of quality effort that football players give their game. This applies to not only my professional life, but also my creative life and my personal life.

A tangent thought is that I need to determine what endeavors I want to dedicate that sort of effort to. I enjoy doing a lot of things with my hands, mind and heart, but there is only so much of each and only so much time to dedicate to them.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Sue, I really enjoyed today's post. The quote so perfect. Time is unfortunatly my harsh reality.

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Excellent quote and post for today!