Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's raining outside and I can't go out in play..

...why do we need the rain, anyway? (Okay, just channeling Sesame Street memories for a sec)

I have no plans for today. That is kind of nice. I could have slept in but I forgot to turn off my alarm from yesterday and I didn't think to look at the clock after it went off, so I got up, then realized it was 6:30, but it was too late, I was already up, and if I went back to sleep, I wouldn't get up untul 9-ish, and I'm sure my kids wouldn't appreciate that.

So, I'll be mostly domestic today. Going to put a pot roast in the crock pot to cook, will do some laundry and cleaning, play with the boys, etc. Then during nap time I'll put my engineering geek hat on and do some report writing for work.

Speaking of geek hats, next week I am speaking at a recognition dinner for Mathletes at my high school. Yep, Math League members now get varsity letters and a fancy recognition dinner at the end of the year. (No, I'm not bitter.....wait, yes I am) I had to write some words of wisdom to speak, and of course procrastinated and procrastinated, and I kept getting emails from the coordinator (also my former calculus teacher) saying "your homework is late!". Ah, that takes me back. I am taking scrap classes at CKC-Manchester earlier in the day, so I'll be jumping between scrap-mommy mode and geeky-yet polished public speaking mode.

2 comments:

Maryfrances Fabbri said...

I really love the geeky part of you Sue. LOL. You are going to do awesome next week. We can have a pep talk beforhand...while we are scrapping.

Corey W. said...

what an honor to get to speak at your hs! Congrats...you'll be great :)